SEA Teacher D - " Hours before landing on Philippines"

It was on August 5, 2017 when I looked at myself standing in front of Radin Inten II airport entrance with one backpack completely with a luggage and travel bag. Never did I expect that day would come. Being chosen as the delegate from Lampung to join SEA Teacher project or pre-service student teacher exchange was far from my imagination.

There were 6 students as the representatives of Lampung in SEA Teacher. One of them, Silmi, would be placed in Thailand while the rest in Phillipines. All Phillipines squad (Sandy, Fikri, Dani, Putri, and me) took flight on August 5 but the Thailand is the day after. We went to the airport in the noon because the departure was at 6.30 p.m. All of us were more than excited and it was clearly seen by our ecstatic face.



My smile was keeping wider when I got a goodbye greeting from my work mates in Just Speak right 30 minutes before I left for Jakarta. Just Speak is a family-circumstanced workplace where I can enrich my teaching capability and build network in society. Like the tagline of Just Speak "Learn and Share", I absolutely will learn many things through SEA Teacher project and share the experience that I got to people either in or outside Lampung which I can reach through direct meeting and social media.





The plane finally took off and landed at Soekarno Hatta international airport, Jakarta at 8 p.m. We immediately went to the international terminal for making a connecting flight. Since never did most of us go abroad, we got a problem dealing with the baggage payment system. We had bought the ticket from a website but there was no option to buy the baggage capacity. Thus, we thought we should pay it in the airport. But in fact, the price in the airport was double and the total payment we must pay for all baggage was too costy. Luckily, the administration staff was understandable and helpful. He let us pay baggage just for 3 persons and we finally could continue our flight to Manila at 00.30 a.m. Can't wait to step my feet on Pinoy land!





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SEA TEACHER D1 " I am a Pinoy"